1.03.2012

Looking back...Christmas 2010 (Part 2...in TEXAS)

I have so much to catch up on....
Our last memories from Boston,
All of our summer fun,
Home makeover projects, 
Life with our crazy puppy, 
Pregnancy, 
Christmas, 
2012 and all of our goals...

So every time I sit down to blog I have to decide what to blog about. Tomorrow I may just write myself silly and get up to date. Anyway, that is tomorrow and this is today and today we are going to wrap up what I started here

Photo dump in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Will and I had a great "Pre-Christmas" together but unfortunately he wasn't able to come to Texas with me...
I had to travel alone and my sister Amanda and Franklin {the cute dog in the picture below} were kind enough to pick me up! 

We headed straight to Mama and Daddy's to start cooking and prepping for all the holiday fun!! 


Christmas Eve is spent with my Mama's Family.  We always have seafood gumbo {to give everyone a break from all the traditional stuff}and it was sooo tasty. I am lame and didn't get any pics from that party...but know that lots of fun was had by all!

Sadly...I don't have a picture of the best surprise.  We were planning trip to Houston {Amanda's (pictured above) House} to have our family Christmas because Jake {youngest sibling} and April {oldest sibling} and her family couldn't make it before Christmas. Little did we know they started driving in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve and made home by the time that we were waking up to start prepping for the day! It was like those Folgers commercials! We were thrilled to see them!


My Uncle on my Daddy's side owns a cute restaurant in my tiny home town and we had our Christmas Dinner with the that side of the family there! It was too fun!



There was plenty of room for all the yummy food...


and plenty of room for our supper large family {no one took a picture but we more than filled up the entire dining area}!


We still headed to Houston after stuffing ourselves to meet up with Jake...did I mention that he could't make it with April0? Anyway, we went to Houston and prepared yet another feast!!




We waited for Jake to arrive so that we could open gifts...
I have pictures of the gift opening but it was late and we weren't very pretty so I thought better of posting those!
I do have this one...


Since Will couldn't make it home {There was a chance for deployment so he couldn't travel...} thanks to XBox and Kinect we were able to video chat with him through the TV! It was so fun...we could all see and hear him and he could see and hear all of us!

We had a blast opening gifts and making new memories! It was a great Christmas! 

The next day everyone had to return to their home...but we spent one last day enjoying each other!

I had a good time playing with this picture!






I swear that I have not been over served...but it sorta looks that way!
 We stuffed ourselves at Lankford Grocery {one of the best burgers in Houston!} and then we hit up Sprinkles for a cupcake!! 


I really enjoyed last Christmas.  I love my family and I happy to have been able to spend that time with them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment