12.20.2011

The Good and Bad of Pregnancy

I love...
Food. It tastes so good. I favor pickles, mexican food, Chick Fil A, anything cooked at my Mama and Daddy's house and breakfast!



The Excitement. EVERYONE is so happy about this baby! There is no doubt that she will be loved.


The Kicks. Who knew being sucker punched could be so fun! I love it...even at 2 in the morning!


The Holidays. This has to be the best time to be pregnant. Sure, I'm extra emotional and I tire out faster when I'm out shopping. Thanksgiving dinner...crack to a pregnant woman. Plus, all that time with family!


Naps.  I have never been one to nap. Now...I understand the appeal! Also, no one judges me. Naps and rest are totally encouraged!


Nesting. It may drive Will a little crazy but the hormones combined with being at home have tuned me into an organizational nut case. I love it. Just this morning I completely emptied my email inbox. It felt amazing!


The Attention. Come on...Y'all know me. Don't act surprised. I love to be the favorite and carrying Granddaughter #1 has certainly elevated me a little! 


That Sweet Heartbeat. It's amazing. Every time. I look forward to those monthly (approaching the bi-monthly) appointments.  It never gets old. 


Ultrasounds. I am happy that I don't have to get more (cause that would mean that there were problems) but there is just something so incredible about seeing that life inside you.  Seeing already that she has a personality and maybe even that she has my nose!




I don't love...


Honestly, the lack of sleep and the occasional back pain are not ideal but I can't really complain. 
I wanted this so badly.  
I will take the good with the bad. 
Most of the uncomfortable things mean that everything is happening just like it should.  
So, will be happy that my big belly makes it hard to sleep!
Also, this could be worse. 
I could be on bed rest. 
I could still have morning sickness (which was so very brief).
I could also not be pregnant (my heart goes out to anyone that is longing to be pregnant...it is such a hard road for so many.).


So...here I was about to to list my complaints and as it turns out they should only be one list. 


*Note* I didn't sleep very well and I really was looking forward to venting...funny how the morning light and  little reflection can change our minds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment