1.28.2012

Making a House a Home: Part One

Our house has "Good Bones" or that is what our realtor said.
This is a cool way to say that it was beyond out dated but has a great layout and solid structure.
Which translates into "this is gonna be a lot of work".
Which is exactly what we wanted.  Something we could make our own and we could do it in our own time.
Then we found out we were pregnant.
Suddenly, all this time we had turned in to 9 months.
No regrets...we just might not get to everything.
We have already made so many changes and I am loving it!



Dining area before...
Please note that there were 3 layers of wallpaper in the kitchen and dining area...
We removed all the wallpaper {thanks to my family}! We also hired a contractor to remove the popcorn texture on the ceiling and have it re textured then they also did the texture on the kitchen walls!


Then the painting began!



I love the color!


We need to decorate, refinish the cabinets and put up crown molding but I love my kitchen!


Laundry room before...


We found this great blue paint at Lowes for $5 I couldn't wait to get it on the walls!
{Always check the paint department for mistinted paint...this was a great find!}

My sweet Mama helping us out!!

It really tuned out great...but it didn't take me long to get sick of looking at those shelves...


My sister found this great fabric when we were Black Friday shopping so I made these curtains {I did 3 panels to make it easier to get behind them.} for less than $5.
Laundry room makeover for 10 bucks!!
{We also pulled the contact paper off of the existing shelves and just painted them with paint for the trim which we already had. Also, I used a shower curtain rod that was left behind by the previous owner to hang the curtain. So literally this room cost us $10}



We really do love this  house and really have enjoyed making all these changes!


1 comments:

Cher said...

oooh, Love that color in your kitchen! So pretty! How fun that you have this hope to decorate, DIY, and enjoy! I cannot wait to have a house!

Post a Comment