1.24.2012

Summer Lovin': Bar Harbor, ME

Summer 2011 was the best summer of my life. 
I can't believe how much we did, saw and experienced in such a short time. 
This post will be the first in a mini series of our Summer adventures!
After my last day of work {at the apartment complex in Revere} We hit the road running and spent one night in hotel then Bar Harbor, Maine/Acadia National Park! 
Have you ever been? You should...it is gorgeous!
We had a great campsite by the water. That view was exactly what I needed to unwind.



There are times that I think I could live like this forever...I really love camping!

This trip included lots of relaxing, reading, floating, hiking, carriage riding and so many other things that we love.


See...don't we look happy!


We even made a little friend!



We spent a couple of days in Bar Harbor.  It is a great waterfront town with lots of shops and great places to eat! I must recommend Cafe This Way! Very tasty!







We also spent a good bit of time up here...


on Cadillac Mountain!




This is a terrible picture of me but such a great memory.  We were trying to get some good pictures but it was so windy up there! This is the best we could do!


Another place I would recommend is the Jordan Pond House.  The food is amazing and so is the view.


There was a bit of a wait so explored the area around the restaurant...so beautiful!




One day was spent sailing away in the harbor...

it was so much better than any word I have in my vocabulary. 


Really...It was so great!


This is us again on Cadillac Mountain. We are now members of the Sunrise Club! 


A truly breathtaking experience!


Totally worth getting up at 3AM and freezing on the top of a mountain.




We both had a great time and this post doesn't begin to capture it all...




0 comments:

Post a Comment