1.31.2012

Pregnancy Week By Week: First Trimester


I have been keeping little notes about this pregnancy and I decided that I wanted to share them here!

When I found out that we were pregnant I had ZERO symptoms! I attribute this to the fact that I believed that there was no way that I could be pregnant, ya know, some women are looking for the early signs and I just wasn't. Anyway, I haven't had all the classic symptoms but some have come to the party!

Week 5  Late period and positive pregnancy test on Sunday, July 31st. We were completely surprised! Read our story here!
Week 6-7 Happily pregnant! No morning sickness but I did notice a heighten sense of smell. I was constantly saying, "Ewe, what's that smell?" or "Oh! What smells so good!". 
Week 8-10 {Enter Morning Sickness Here} It was a difficult couple of weeks and this is about the time that we started staying in our new house but without furniture and we were working a lot. It wasn't an easy time but certainly not unmanageable.  It usually passed by 1 or 2pm so I didn't even lose the entire day.  One other usual suspect showed up...breast tenderness. They were pretty sore and felt like the weighed 10lbs each! But...they looked great so it wasn't all bad!
Week 11-13 Rocking right a long! Anxious for our first doctor's appointment...which was in week 13! The nurse had some trouble finding the heartbeat which was so very scary.  They did an ultrasound right away and found that our baby was fine. That was the most amazing moment. Things got very real very fast. Seeing that squirmy image on the screen changed us both...in a good way. Symptom wise, other than being sleepy (yay for naps!) and having sore boobs I had no complaints!

Also this trimester...I lost some weight which was great! I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember and to hear that my weight loss was not only perfectly normal, but healthy as well, was great news! We started sharing the news after the doctor's appointment and everyone was/is very excited! One thing about my family...we love us some babies!! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment