7.04.2010

throwing a party

a pity party.
i should be celebrating.
i can't even enjoy how special today is.
this week has been crappy.
i have tried to be all "glass half full" about it.
but i just. can't. do. it.
i flooded the kitchen.
like...2-3 inches of water on the kitchen.
yeah. i was just running a little water in the sink and i forgot.
just forgot.
walked by it several times.
i was working on getting over that when...
my "friend" was (and is still) late and i took 3 pee tests.
all negative. of course.
i decided that i wanted to stay home on my long weekend.
but will is away and i realized that it would be best to get out.
so saturday i get up read and relax.
then i go to the store and buy everything i need to make a fabulous banana pudding and a tasty cheesy bacon and ranch potato dish.
i was certain that these two dishes would be a hit a bbq that i planned to attend.
potatoes are washed peeled and chopped (with out incident)and in a pot of boiling water.
i make my pudding and set it to chill in the fridge.
i cook some bacon and crumble it.
time to mash up potatoes and build the casserol and get it in the oven.
its 4:40 and the bbq is at 6 so i jump in the shower and get 85% ready.
peek at the potatoes and construct the banana pudding.
it was perfect.
i finish getting ready and take my beautiful pudding out of the fridge.
then i drop it.
yep. it's on me, the walls, the cabinets, the floor, and my nicely cured hair.
i cried. then i cleaned.
then i smelled the burning.
i opened the oven and smoke billowed out.
it looked like i was being visited by the smoke monster. no lie.
then my smoke alarm went off. it was tragic.
i got in my bed and cried.
i finally finished cleaning up myself and the kitchen.
funny part of this...when i got in bed last night, i realized that i had gotten pudding all over the sheets when i crawled in to pout.
i laughed. hard. and then slept on the couch.

If you are still reading I'm kinda sorry. I hope that you all have a lovely weekend celebrating your Independence. We are free. We are Americans. I am and always will be proud. Happy Fourth of July!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy 4th of July! I hope your week gets better love!

Garon and Laura said...

Don't you just hate when the planets align just right and say, "Hey guys, lets ruin the day for these one right here!"

We Love You Kimmie! I'm glad to hear that you did laugh about getting pudding on your sheets, cause I was wondering if you got cleaned up before jumping in bed.

Garon and Laura said...

I hate typos! That should read this one, not these one! Sorry

Alexandria said...

I hate those days. I have them...and it is like, 'Oh crap. I just dropped that, tripped over that, and broke that. I should just stay in bed.'

I am sorry about your crappy week. I love your face though. You can call/text me anytime!
xoxo

Ashton Dene' said...

Crappy weeks suck. I love you.

Sam said...

aw, i'm sorry things kept going wrong. days like that suck. hopefully things are going good now! :)

Vanessa said...

I'm sorry you've been having such bad days. We've all been there. Hope things are getting better. I love you big!

Post a Comment