3.28.2010

I don't want to forget...

Sometimes there are moments that are beautiful,
Moments of perfection,
Moments of true happiness.
These are the moments I never want to forget.
I want to memorize them.
I want to let my mind take a picture.
I have many of these moments tucked away.
I keep them in a safe place that is just for me.
I go to this place when I need uplifting,
When I need cheering,
and when I need to be reminded of how blessed I am.
I created a new memory last night.
Laying in bed, snuggled close, with the faint flickering glow of the television.
I looked up at him and let my mind take another picture.
His sleepy smile, his loving eyes, the leftover smell of his cologne and his arms around me.
I immediately connect this memory to another...
The day that I became his.
I took a picture that day too.
It was late.
We were finally leaving the reception.
We had a two hour drive ahead of us.
I watched him as he drove {he was certain that I had been sleeping}.
His sleepy smile, his loving eyes, and the leftover smell of his cologne and his hand holding tight to mine.
I will use these the next few weeks while we are apart. I will be thankful for the time that we have together to make these memories and worry less about the time that we are apart.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

This was so beautiful Kim...

Annie Cristina said...

What a beautiful post... :)

Vanessa said...

Beautiful post. Love it.

Post a Comment