1.04.2010

Yeah, I know...

I'm certain that you are all "Christmased" out but I have to do a Christmas post...this blog is sorta my journal so I must document everything (even if its 2 weeks late)! Anyway, this Christmas was so great! I wish I had been a better photograph. Some of the pictures aren't very good quality and some are from my phone...what I am saying is- I am not a professional so don't make fun!

To get ourselves in the Holiday Spirit, we went Downtown for the Tree Lighting in the Boston Commons and then meandered over to Faneuil Hall to check out the lights and the tree there. Boston looks so beautiful this time of year. Dusted in glittery white snow, draped with sparkling white lights, and each of the parks decorated to the nines!


One of my favorite things about Christmas is decorating the Apartment! I love going to get the tree and getting out all the decorations. There is something beautiful about coming home at night and snuggling on the couch by the light of the tree. We had a great time picking out the tree...it even started snowing when we arrived at the farm!

Decorating the tree was more fun this year...Will let me go a little crazy and buy more decorations! Also. we had some special new ornaments. My sister bought us one from Sea World in San Antonio(this is where Will proposed), we bought a big Mickey and a Minnie while we were at Disney World and a star for the top..also from Disney! Side note: There was ridiculous amount of "That's what she said" jokes through out the decorating process...reason #16,456 Why Will wins at life!



The Brrr Y'all snowman was another gift from my sister...Amanda also wins at life

Being on our own for Christmas has given us the opportunity to start so many new traditions and make so many special memories! We miss our families so much during the Holidays...but when you are 2,000 miles away and you only get a few days off, there isn't much that can be done about it. Anyway, pictured below is our Christmas Eve Gingerbread house! Lasts years was a COMPLETE failure...I really think that we improved! I also baked and decorated cookies to hand out to our friends!

This is us in our new pjs...these were supposed to be the Christmas Eve gifts. I worked Will and convinced him to let us open a gift the Sunday before Christmas and with out talking about prior to...we both gave each other pjs!
We went a bit crazy in the gift giving department this year...compared to last year anyway. We worked really hard on our budget this year and saved like mad people for Disney. However, we didn't spend what we had set aside for Vaca so that rolled over to the Christmas fund. We are aware that the responsible thing to do would have been to leave the money in savings...sometimes we are irresponsible.
Gift Break Down:
Lots of movies, lots of games (as we have multiple game systems...we are such children), a roaster and homemade roux from my Mama and Daddy, Zunes (like and itouch only BETTER!), care package full of goodies from Will's Mom and Dad, Gift card from Ryan, Katie & the kiddos (Will's brother), April (my sister)and Deon made us the super fabulous wooden Santa and tree scene, Amanda (another sister) sent me a pretty plate for entertaining and she sent Will Microsoft points, Will bought me a new CHI Turbo (it has the auto off feature...one less thing for him to have to check everyday), these really awesome spa booties and neck wrap that can be heated, my stocking was stuffed with tons of my favorite goodies, Santa filled Will's stocking as well, he also got a R/C helicopter, a giant box of popcorn from costco, cds, etc, etc!
So, Santa was really nice to us and we were pretty nice to each other...now we have to buckle down and be responsible....right after we conquer that next world on Super Mario...

If we are around for the Holidays we spend them with some of the other couples that live in our building. We are all in the same boat...far away from home! They really help us make the holidays special. After opening gifts, having breakfast with Ethan & Laura (they live just down the hall), playing with our toys, and going to see "Sherlock Holmes" we had a nice Christmas dinner with our friends! I baked rolls, made a banana pudding, we also brought apples with a cream cheese dip! Oh, and in true "Kimberly" fashion we were late and everyone was STARVING!
This last pic is for Will's Mom! She sent these adorable aprons that I forced Will to wear every time we were in the kitchen!
There is so much more that I could write about but I have already passed up "blog post" and I'm knocking on the door of "epic novel"! So, alas, I must stop now! We hope you all enjoyed your holidays!

Love, Hugs & Kisses-
Kim & Will

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I love love love your gingerbread house! I've always wanted to make one... but am afraid! :)

Alexandria said...

I made my first gingerbread house this year! With my 4 year old niece...it was an experience!

Looks like a fabulous holiday! I adore it. And you!

Post a Comment