12.28.2009

First (real) Snow...and maybe last of 2009!

I have found myself embracing things about Boston that last year sorta repulsed me. Harsh? Yeah I know. Moving here was a MAJOR culture shock for me! One thing that I grew to hate last year: SNOW! UGH! Don't get me wrong...that first snow fall was magical, the first snow angel made me giggle like a school girl, and the first snow ball fight was seriously good times. Then it was March and it was still freakin' snowing!! No joke. I also had a long commute for work and my job wasn't close to a T Station so I had to drive. One day I cried the ENTIRE way home whilst GRIPPING the steering wheel with all my might. I am a country girl from Texas and I had NEVER driven in blinding snow! Anyway, I work in the office of the apartment complex that I live at now...so basically, I work from home. I think that has something to with with my new obsession with the snow. Also, last year the weather was miserable before Thanksgiving. We have had some snow and some bitter cold days but NOTHING like last year. Anyway, I am excited about winter this year!! Whatever the reason my be...I say let snow!! We had ourselves a nice little blizzard a couple of weeks ago and the snow stuck around till Christmas.


I heart my new hat!!


Will and I could not wait to bundle up and head outside to play!!




Mike and Will were trying to make a path in this snow pile so we could use our cool sled!

These two pictures are from inside the apartment looking out!




5 comments:

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Pretty much, I figure if the temperature drops below 32 degrees, I should wear a helmet. Everywhere.

It's amazing how much better I feel when I do that.

-c

Alicia said...

The snow was pretty magical, and now it's gone!! Ohwell, great times right!! I heart your hat too.. WAY CUTE!!

Shane said...

Nice hat, and driving in snow would SUCK for me as well. When it snows something always tells me everyone shouldbe at home and not on the road.

Alexandria said...

Y'all are legit. I love this! I am glad that a Southern Belle is thriving and surviving in Boston!

The video is so funny! Hi, you and Will need to make a vlog! Pretty please?

lynninlove said...

aw.. haha.. it snowed on Christmas Eve in Dallas last week... and it was a disaster! Nobody knew how to drive and what to do. I feel ya. That video is hilarious though.. and I love you hat!

Post a Comment