1.08.2010

He's Leaving...

Not on a jet plane.
I am not supposed to disclose to much info here on the world wide web. I can talk about it as long as I'm vague and follow the rules...yeah, there are rules and I think that they are stupid. Apparently it has something to do with National Security....Whatev. Anyway, it is that time again. Yet another deployment is upon us. It is just for a few weeks so I know I shouldn't whine. It could be worse and is worse for other wives. I try to keep that in mind when I am being a big baby. Alas, it does not make me any less of a baby. He isn't even gone yet and cried most of the night...which just make him feel bad for something that he can't control. I don't know what my deal is. I thought I was over this. Or at least better. I guess you never get over being separated from the ones you love. UGH.

Well, I have to speak at church on Sunday...any guesses on the topic? Courage.


Yeah. Like- "What do they got that I ain't got?" "Courage." Is someone trying to send me a message??? Courage has come up some many times in the last few weeks. Last Sunday someone share their Testimony in church and they spoke about it. I am in an email convo with some twitter/blog friends and few of them are showing some true courage by searching and trying to have a relationship with God. It is the new theme for the Young Women this year...It is everywhere. Ok. I can take a hint...I need to be more courageous.

5 comments:

EmJeter said...

You can do it! I can't imagine having to deal with that all the time. I say you have way more courage than you realize! Good luck with the separation; you know he'll be thinking about you (and making sappy FB posts) the whole time!!! Love ya, Kim!

Corinne said...

Thinking of you... I can't imagine what you guys go through, even if it's just for a few weeks... I think I'd lose my mind. You are very courageous :) Good luck!

Alicia said...

Hey if you ever just want to hang out at night, count me in. Dustin studies a lot, so once I put Logan to bed, I'm up for whatever. He goes down between 8 and 8:30. I'd love to just hang out with ya. I know I'm not Will, but maybe it would help pass the time a little quicker!

Alexandria said...

Southern Soul Sister- You are my favorite and I love you so. But, you know this already. You showed such kindness and compassion while I was dealing with my dad's death and for that we will be forever friends.

I hope to be able to be there for you as well with Will's deployment. I am here you have my email, I can give you my phone number, we can laugh, or gripe! Just remember I am here and I love you big!

I love our emails. I am getting my BoM soon and I am thrilled. Hopefully, you will not mind if I come to you with questions!

Get it girl! Be courageous, you will be fabulous! Let me know how it goes!
xoxo

Will said...

I know you’re courageous Kim, its you’re courage that gives me strength to leave when I don’t want to. I can’t imagine being able to even step out the door if you weren’t so strong and loving. I'm thankful for the Lord providing you with such wonderful friends that can help you through this. @ Kim’s friends, Thank you so much for supporting her while I’m away, It makes it easier for me to do my job when I know that Kim is cared when I’m not there. God Bless!

Post a Comment