12.16.2009

Prove me wrong

Hey,
This is Will, breaking out of my shell, writing a blog for the first time! Hope I spell everything wright.... nm. Let me start by saying that I am in no way as good of a man as Kimmie makes me out to be. I do my best to be everything she needs but what can I say, I'm still a guy!

Examples:
  • I love tech stuff, all tech stuff. If it has wires and moving parts, I want it!
  • I don't give a darn about color schemes! Maybe I'm color blind, dunno, don't care.
  • I would be content with the same pair of shoes for the rest of my life, Kim is teaching me about matching clothes! Thanks Kimmie!
  • I don't like shopping....wait, I REALLY don't like shopping! No offense to department and clothing stores around the world, but its boring!
  • Theres more I'm sure, but I'm a guy so I cant focus too long.
However, I have learned a few things to make a relationship easier on the lady in your life. Some men cant get around their pride to even attempt any of these things, I've found that pride is nothing with out the love of my wife.
  • Start with a simple one, put the toilet seat down. Not just after you're done, always!
  • Chivalry is not dead, just misunderstood or misused. Open the door, any door, pick a door during the day and open it for her! Help her put on her coat before you go out, yeah I'm sure she can put it on her self, but wheres the fun in that. Just pay attention to her needs. Oh, and don't just do it when you did something wrong, do nice things all the time. Women aren't typically like men, they wont take for granted the nice things you do.... which leads me to my next point...
  • Take notice and appreciate all the little things she does for you. Trust me, theres allot! Step back from your life and look at it from her perspective, you'll see allot of selfless things done by her for you. A smile, a kind word, a nice deed in return, its so simple guys!
  • Be patient with her! Guys are notorious for being impatient. If something frustrates you, take a deep breath and relax. I know you can do it.
  • If you love her, if you TRULY love her, say so! Say it often! Its a simple word with tons of meaning. Say it with meaning. Go a step further and take her hand, look into her eyes and say it like you did the first time. Yeah, i know its cheesy, just do it.
That's about it for now. Some guys out there may not understand this stuff, some may be able to teach me some new things. I'll never admit that I'm the perfect guy, I just wanted to share some of my knowledge. Basically guys, just think of her, in everything you do.
Prove me wrong guys, try some of these things or come up with some on your own and see if she doesn't appreciate it and feel more loved. Trust me, we can all improve and that's what life is all about!
Ladies, if you have any comments or lessons learned about the guys in your life, things they do that really tick you off or makes you happy, let me know. I'm still learning, and Kim deserves the best.
Will Worthen

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I think I need to send my hubby this way for a refresher ;) Thanks Will!

(and Kim, what a sweet post by your hubby!!!)

Alexandria said...

This may or may not be the cutest thing I have ever read!

Hi, Will! Nice to Internet meet you!

Kimberly is a lucky woman...and you are a lucky fella! Fyi..I have a girl crush on your wife!

~ Katie ~ said...

aww Kim! Will is awesome...I'm gonna make Cole read this- maybe he'll learn a thing or two :)

Post a Comment