1.31.2009

A big day!!

Today was a big day for us!! We have been talking about buying a new car for awhile now. My poor little Honda needs some work and Will's car is so small. We wanted something a little bigger and good in the snow! We had decided just to fix my car and wait awhile before we made such a big purchase. Well, the repair bill for my car kept getting higher....we kept discovering more things that it needed. This week we sat down to talk things over and decided that we had to make a choice, fix it or trade it. We decided to trade!!! The market is actually good for buying if you can get a decent interest rate. Ford is giving lots of rebates right now so we found that we could do better buying new as opposed to used. We decided on the Ford Edge. Its a really great car! We did our homework and found out that buying a new 2008 would be lots cheaper than a 2009 and we could afford to add in a few of the extras that we wanted! My credit union came though with the financing and a great interest rate, so we were ready to start shopping!! Surprisingly Will let me handle the entire sale. I know a lot about cars and my Dad taught me a lot about car buying. It was kinda fun. The guy kept trying to win me over by saying that he was from Texas and how honest he was and he was there to help us get into a car!! Finally, in the most polite way possible, I explained to him that I had purchased a vehicle before and that he didn't need to "lay it on" quite so thick. I explained to him that I knew that he was there to make a sale and would say whatever was necessary. I told him that we were buying a car not an act...so lets talk about the car! Things went really smooth once the air was clear. He was able to find exactly what we were looking for! And the price was right so we should be in our new car no later than Wednesday!!! Buying a car together felt good. We acted like grown-ups today...it was kinda fun!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hey Kim! Thank you again for having us over last night. We had a ton of fun. Will you give me your email and I will send you an invite to my blog?

Ashlee said...

My email is rmcbrat24@hotmail.com

Kimberly said...

Kim, I love that you told him not to lay it on so thick...that's the Kim we all know and love...the honest and blunt!!!

Dani said...

Nice car! What color did you get? Can you say spoiled? Haha! Send some love this way!

laura said...

hey Kim! I just found your blog through Cher's blog roll, and I must say, you're my hero for the way you handled that sale! If I could talk like that, I would be perfectly content =)

Post a Comment