1.18.2009

House Guest

OK, so Will leaves in the mornings before I get up. On Tuesday morning of this past week I was trying to get just a few extra minutes in and couldn't due to the fact that the my cell phone just simply wouldn't shut up. I finally gave in and picked up my phone to see what all the commotion was about. It was Will...of course! He was asking if a a new member of the coast guard could stay with us for a few days. He had just arrived and was in the process of buying a house but wouldn't be closing until Thursday. My first thought....Crap, the house in a mess, My second thought...Hello, you want total stranger staying in our home. However, Will assured me that our guest was not a psycho and that he would be sure that the house would be spotless prior to our guest's arrival. I'm thinking...sure you will. Well, 5 o'clock rolled around and i headed home....dreading what I might find. I was pleasantly surprised to walk in and find that the entire house was in fact clean AND he had started dinner. Well that was one promise kept. I was genuinely impressed. He had done a really great job.

Well....on to our guest. His name was Ben. He was really great. He is a duel citizen, of Britain and the US. He is married and has a two year old girl. We really enjoyed having in our home. We talked and watched movies. He was/is truly fascinating. Before he had come to stay with us he had been sleeping on the floor in the coast guard office. That's why Will felt so bad for him. On top of that, the poor man had to be away from his family. They were staying with family in Vermont. i was totally ashamed of myself for not really wanting to help at first. Will has the biggest heart he volunteers for everything. He taught me a lesson on service this week. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. And, because of this experience we have new friends.

2 comments:

Michael & Cherilyn said...

ooh...cute! don't you love when he cleans? That was nice of Will to help out on Sunday night with Mike, too... good boys! I'm glad you are keeping up your blog..i enjoy seeing what you are up to even though we live pretty much 200yards from you! Let's play sometime!

Meagan said...

Hey Kim- I love your blog. that's a great story- glad it turned out to be such a great experience. We really need to get together again- you guys are so much fun!

Post a Comment