11.06.2009

Ok. Seriously.

Y'all know that every now and again I use my blog to vent and be pissy.

Well, it’s that time again.

Please don't let this hurt your feelings.

Please don't hate me.

Please know that if we are close friends and you have done some of the things that I am about to gripe about...You are allowed to joke with me and you know it. So don't stop. I love it when we laugh and pick on each other (you all know who you are).

Please try to see my point before you get all defensive...

I am not "calling" anyone one "out".

I am just saying how things make me feel.

OK.

Let us begin.

1. I had the swine flu. HAD. I don't anymore. I am NO LONGER CONTAGIOUS. Yes I may have been around you when I was contagious. I am sorry. I did not do it on purpose and it kinda hurts my feelings that people are acting like I have leprosy. I get it. You are scared. I know. You may think its a joke. You may be totally serious. If you are still afraid to be around me that is fine. Just stay away...you don't have to freak out in front of me.

This is mostly guilt talking. I do feel bad because I could have gotten a lot of people sick. However, as far as I know...I didn't. But thanks for worrying about me, I'm fine. All I am saying is be sensitive. I felt terrible thinking that someone might get it from me. I also had to spend 4 DAYS as a shut in eating only soup. I would like to be around people again. If you wanna use some hand sanitizer after you are around me...fine. Can it be less of a production please?

All that being said...some of you were way nicer to me that you needed to be. I greatly appreciate every call, text, fb message and every tweet of support and well wishes. I love you all bunches!

2. I do not belong to any group of people. I am free to hang out with whom ever I choose. I never liked being part of exclusive groups. I think that we are too old to label each other. We are to old to be jealous of someone spending more time with someone else. I may click with someone or my schedule my fit more with them so we spend a lot of time together. Maybe we are going through something similar and we are leaning on each other instead of sharing our problems with the world so they become topic of gossip of pity talks.

I like to talk to, associate with, call, text, shop with a lot of people,

some live in my apartment complex

some go to my church

some don't

some are stay at home mommies

some work out of the home

some have babies

some are trying

some are very grown up and mature

again some are still trying

some live down the street or far far away

some are students

My point is...I don't wear a label that says Overlook Ridge.

It is my address. Yes. I have friends that live here. I also have friends that don't.

Here I go....(I may hate myself in the morning) I HATE the following phrases

Overlook Ridge Gang

Overlook Ridge Girls

Overlook Ridge Families

Overlook Ridge Couples.

As a joke. OK. Or to be cute its fine. What I am trying to say...is that its sounds like we are an exclusive "members only club". We aren't. At least not in my opinion. I didn't think it was cool in high school and I don't think it’s cool now. Sure. We hang out a lot. We like each other. We live close. We attend the same church. that doesn't mean that the circle is closed. I love the people that live here and we have some dang good fun. I also love a lot of other people too. I think we all should have our small circles and our more intimate friendships. I just don't want to be in an exclusive group. I do like the walls that exist in them.

Sometimes I just need to say things out loud. It makes me feel better. Maybe it makes me look stupid and belligerent. Whatever.

Well...I should probably stop there.

I love you. Don't hate me.

PS- I care zero about grammar and spelling when I blog. I know that I use...to often and I have at least 7 run ons and 5 or 10 fragments. I am ok with that. K. Just wanted Y'all to know that I can write properly. I just don't. Love me in spite of my lazy writing style.

2 comments:

Alexandria said...

Preach girl! I love this post.

Nothing makes me happier than someone who stand up and has a opinion! Loving it!

Sorry you had the piggy flu...people should have been a little nicer about it! Geez!

Also, I totally agree about the friends thing! Different groups are a great thing to have.

You speak truth, and you speak it in your fabulous southern accent!

Megan said...

i love you! sorry people were not nice about you being sick. lame! hope you feel better and better, ALSO i totally understand and agree with the friend thing!

hugs!

Post a Comment