11.04.2009

New Moon Re-Read! Ch. 1-3

How ya feeling??
A. I'm a little bit sad.
B. I'm dead inside.
C. I'm Team Jacob. Goodbye Edward.

Ok. I started this earlier by writing a looooonnnnggggg commentary and that really isn’t what I wanted this to be. So….Take 2.
What I loved
o Bella’s Dream. Her fear of being old and wrinkled with the 17 year old stud brought to life. She gets a little criticism for over-worry on this issue. Um. Hi. Criticism from the eternal teenagers.
o Bella and Edward’s sweetness (prior to the tragedy). I love that she looks at him and is like “I’m so in love”. I love the excitement she feels in their kisses. That’s the way it should feel forever!
o The Party-I <3 that the Cullens fuss over Bella and I <3 that she hates it. I would be COMPLETELY different…Car? Yes please!
o The Gifts- the camera and scrapbook were perfect Mom/Dad gifts. I love that Edwards gift was made by him…those are my favorite gifts. Will wrote me a beautiful letter and that was a gift that I will cherish FOREVER.
o Carlisle. He is the bomb.
o Descriptiveness. Each emotion is presented in such a descriptive way that you can really feel it. Even though the majority of the feelings were sad…I apprieciate that I could feel them.
o The way that Bella thought ahead and made plans. Ya know the way she was analizing all the possibilities…I can SO relate. She was totally ready to go away with Edward before he even asked.

What I hated
o Pain. Lots of here.
o I’m Team Edward and Hello. He is gone.

Even the things that I hate are necessary…highlight of the re-read.
Alrighty, that should get the ball rolling. Comment away with what you loved or hated and don’t forget to answer the question at the beginning.
Next: Chapter 4 & 5

6 comments:

Heather Murray said...

So..are you Team Edward or Jacob lol? I'm Edward all the way, so I can't even get through these first few chapters without going into a horrible Bella-like depression. This is my favorite book in the saga, although when I first read it I wanted to throw it at the wall. I kinda see where Bella's coming from with the gifts-I personally hate attention, so I can relate. I think one of the most powerful things in the book is when you come to the chapters that just have the months listed on the page. For some reason that always strikes a cord in me.

~kiMbeRLy~ said...

Heather...totally Team Edward.
Ask me again after the movie...Jake is a whole lotta hottness!

Sunni Belt said...

I read it on the train yesterday coming to DC. I was crying my eyes out. So very sad! I have to put my 2 cents in, I think Jack is a total hottie in this next movie! Can't wait! Kim, you should travel down to DC and come see it with me and Ash!

Alexandria said...

I just re-read! I am on Breaking Dawn now.

Team Edward all the way...I want to La Push Jacob off a cliff!!

Megan said...

BAHAHAHA LA PUSH JACOB OFF A CLIFF

Megan said...

i am soooo TEAM EDWARD too but Jake looks pretty dang good in the next movie!

Post a Comment