2.23.2011

Pray Myself Better

Last night I woke up after being out cold for a couple of hours.  When I couldn't get right back to sleep I started thinking of all the that I wanted and didn't have.  The list isn't long at all but the want goes pretty deep. Anyway, I was swimming in self-pity when something snapped. I crawled out of bed and got down on my knees and started praying.  It was more like an outpouring of gratitude.  No complaining. No "woe is me". Just "thank you".
I really am blessed.  I have so much to be thankful for.  By focusing on the things that aren't perfect I am becoming someone that I don't want to be. Some bitter, unhappy person. So if I start feeling those bitter feelings I am going to force myself to think of my blessings. To pray myself better.  Let my Heavenly Father help me.  Today is already better. Sometimes we just need a little help.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I've been trying to do this as well! Focus on the blessings we have rather than what we don't.

I'm so glad your day is already better :)

Alexandria said...

This is such an amazing goal to have. I have to try really hard not to get stuck in all the negative.

You are such an amazing, strong, beautiful woman. I just adore you. I hope you are blessed with all the things you wish for and deserve.

xoxo

KatOfDiamonds said...

This is beautiful and very inspiring.
Thank you for being in my life <3

Lindsey &Gunner said...

I'm not sure if you have a lot of time to read, but if you do, you should look online for a book titled "Better Than You Think You Are" by Ardeth G. Kapp. It's AMAZING! :) I have it if you don't want to buy it and want to read it when you get home. I picked it up one day when I was having a bad day and I'm so glad I did. It rocks! :]
Not that I had some like big psychological issue or something and needed help but uplifting/motivational books are always nice :)

Vanessa said...

I love this. Too often I focus on the negative, the things I don't have, the things I feel I'm missing. I need to get more focused on thanking God for the things He's given me, for all the blessings in my life. It makes life better to live.

Thank you for posting this. I love it. & I love you!

Post a Comment