2.08.2011

What I learned from reading Real Simple

I used to LOVE magazines.  Lots of them. 
Now I love two.  People and Real Simple. OK...the occasional US Weekly depending on the cover.
Anyway, I love the "The Simple List" Your monthly dose of useful tidbits, timely trivia, and catchy conversation starters.

This is usually the first "reading" page in the magazine past the first 10-12 pages of advertisements. 
I always learn something interesting and so I thought I would share...

9
"The number of words Alexander Graham Bell said during the world's first telephone call."
Do you know what he said??
I am sure that once upon a time I knew but have long since forgotten. 
"Mr. Watson, come here. I want to see you." 
Yep. That's it.
That was in 1876.  In 1984 the first cell phone was introduced. 
Any guesses on how much that 2 pound monster would set a person back??
$3,995. 
Yeah. And people bought it. 

OK. That's all for now! I will check back throughout the month with more from The Simple List!

I hope you are all having a great week...too early to tell, I know! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment