2.22.2010

Monday

A yawn and a stretch
Snuggling deeper in the covers
Alarm sounds...not yet
I snooze for 10 more minutes of dreaming
...of being embraced by my love
The Sun is wiggling through the blinds and warming my face
Telling me its time
Why is this so hard
To just throw back the covers
To leap out of bed and begin the day
Oh, Right...because its Monday
Two days I have been free
Two days to hide in the blankets as long as I'd like
Two days that the clock hands seem to go double time
Must. Get. UP.
The Sun, the Alarm...they know its time
I suppose I should listen...

Have a Great Monday!!

2 comments:

Tanya Ferguson said...

loved your post this morning...Hope your love is always that strong...as i get older my bones want even wait for the alarm clodk..they say I'm tired of laying here get your lazy bum up and get on with your day...

Corinne said...

I can't tell you much I dread Mondays! Any other day of the week seems manageable... but after two days of having Lucas home... it's tough for us to be without him!

Post a Comment