2.25.2010

I really want...

to be creative.

I want to sew, knit, paint and decorate. Not for money. For ME. For our home. What stirred this desire?? I'm SO glad you asked!
Blank Walls...

Yep. That's all it took.
Will and I went shopping (his most favorite activity) for some new home decor and some stuff to assist in organizing the mess that is our lives! I kept looking at wall art and thinking..."No way! I can totally do this my self!" Please picture me standing in Bed, Bath and Beyond with a little thought bubble over my head. Got it? Ok. Now in the bubble- Me, canvas, easel, paint over-sized button down, skinny jeans, worn flats, sloppy pony-tail and paint brushes!!! I know, right?

I am going to paint! OK...I am gonna try.

Project #1
Something on the wall above the T.V.
Colors in the living are tan, black, and red (deep...like a rose NOT like a crayon)
I'm thinking 3 rectangle canvases...we shall see.

Project #2
Guest Bathroom
Green, brown, tan
No Idea...

Project #3
Lets not get to far ahead of ourselves, kay?

Anyway, this may take a while. I have NEVER painted...sooooo, I gots lots to learn!
I will let you know how it goes. However, if this should turn out to be an epic fail I will delete this post and never will we ever speak of this again.

Night Y'all!


5 comments:

Becky said...

You can totally do it! HGTV.com has a lot of good tips an ideas.

Lauren said...

You can do it! I also want to be creative for me. I started a quilt but haven't had time to really work on it.... I'm sure I'll eventually get around to it.

Alexandria said...

You can do it! I have faith. No lies. I am a crafter extroadinaire, but I do NOT paint. No freaking way.

Good luck!

Corinne said...

You can do it! Even if you just paint three different sized canvases the same color, and hang them, it'll make a huge difference on an empty wall :)

Christina said...

Good luck! I, too, have faith!

Post a Comment